Samstag, 22. Mai 2010

Elephants

As I mentioned earlier, elephants are an ordinary way of public transport here in Pune and we see them ALL THE TIME on the streets. There is no plausible explanation for why I didn't get a decent picture so far. However this blog entry is going to change that.

When we went to dinner tonight, we spotted this beautiful elephant on the street. Luckily I had my small camera ready and although it was dark, I managed to get this stunning picture of it:



I admit that the picture is not absolutely perfect (you have to consider that it was dark). So once again for your support: THERE is the elephant:




When we passed it I unfortunately was sitting on the wrong side of the rickshaw and only got this one shot. Maybe the picture will not win a photography contest, but you have to admit: It clearly is an elephant! ;-)



Anyway, there is more tell and show! This day was actually full of encounters with huge grey animals on the streets of Pune. In the afternoon we took a rickshaw to a shopping mall and on the way back we saw a cute elephant, standing in the shade next to the road.

I didn't have my camera ready right away and we already were quite a bit away from it when I finally managed to take a picture. But I think this time I got a nice and clear portrait of it.




... but somehow I fear that some of you might not be convinced by it AGAIN and might be too lazy to look for the elephant (although it is prominently placed right in the middle of the picture). Therefore to make it once more really simple. Here is the elephant:


Herewith I assume that there are no doubts left about the credibility of my pictures and the existence of elephants on Pune's streets. (But since I will be here for a few more weeks, there is still the chance to get the "perfect" picture.) ;-)

6 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

Those elephants are so elusive.I'm having the same trouble with local birds and butterflies, although they're not used for transport here.

junco hat gesagt…

Elephants! You got their photos!!!
Thanks for sharing :) It must be so exciting to see elephants walking on streets.

Take care, and hope you'll have more chance to take their photos :D

Daniel hat gesagt…

elephants??? epic fail, lol, this is SO FAKE. it's all photoshopped, dude.

...

I actually had to do some research on youtube, to make this comment really authentic. In fact, I am convinced now. That does not mean I would not be happy to see more of their photos. Enjoy your time and the sight of elephants on the streets there. We only have cars on the streets here. At least they both have trunks.

P.S.: I'd love to see birds and butterflies used for transport one day ... :)

Unknown hat gesagt…

ELEPHANTS!!! Finally!

But actually ... i gotta admit that I'm not fully convinced. I mean - I see mooses in Sweden all the time (and I'll show you some evidence some time) and you don't believe me.

SoI think you just try to overtop me. Sorry buddy, that's not working.
I need a picture in which you can actually SEE and elephant - not just guess.

Anyways, nice try ;-)
And yes - they ARE cute. Can't wait to see more.

okieh hat gesagt…

Greg, I am glad you understand the challenge I am facing. I am sure it is difficult with birds and butterflies as well, although they are often bright coloured, while elephants are grey and therefore can easily hide themselves.

Thanks Junco. Yes, elephants really are kind of exciting. But otherwise there are so many animals on the streets all the time, that after 3 months here it almost feels normal. :)

I WILL get a better picture, Daniel. One day ... otherwise I will just take a picture of a car's trunk on the last day here, do some photoshopping, and then pretend that it is an elephant... no problem ... ;-)

There ARE NO mooses in Sweden, Kristina! Neither in Canada! Therefore I don't even need to try to overtop you. But you will get your evidence as well and better prepare a nice moose fairy tale next time if you want me to believe you ;-)

Unknown hat gesagt…

HA! Too bad I cannot upload pictures!