Sonntag, 28. März 2010

Wedding

I know I need to catch up, so let's start with the wedding.

We were invited by one of our colleagues to his sister's wedding in Mumbai. So we went there on Thursday night to be ready early on Friday morning for a new experience.

The entire wedding lastet five days, but we only joined for half a day. Since the bride and the groom are both US citizens, one family originated in the south of India and one originated in Maharashtra, it was a mixture of people and also the customs were from different parts of India.
As you can see there were quite a few people.


We were prepared! I was wearing a Kurta and even had the perfect shoes for it. Luckily I only had to wear them for a few hours, they were horribly uncomfortable. Some of the girls got sarees before, so we perfectly blended in. (... almost)


We started with breakfast, served on a banana leaf.


The girls got dressed in their sarees with the help of some Indian women.


The nice colleague (and his mom) who invited us and made sure that we didn't get lost in Mumbai's suburb.


And the bride and the groom.



You can hardly tell where the Europeans are, can you? ;-)


This was our lunch.


And the whole group of interns:

4 Kommentare:

junco hat gesagt…

OMG! I love your shoes and the scarf :)

Good to know you're doing well!
Take care,

Anonym hat gesagt…

Those clothes are the coolest. If you weren't so white you'd blend right in. (it does look like you got a tan though)

okieh hat gesagt…

My feet are really happy that there are not more opportunities to wear the shoes. :)
Hope you are enjoying spring in Vanvouer, Junco! I think it's the best place to be for that. (Even if it seems to be raining right now.)

And yes, Greg, I got a bit of a tan. I think I should try some of the "bleach your skin" products that they advertise for.

Unknown hat gesagt…

hihi, and on the last photo you seem to be a priest! The shoes, I like!!! Now you know what girls are suffering often to appear nice... [öhm, war das jetzt ein arg denglischer Satz?]